Motorsport News - Misc
Formula Master set a new lap record
20th December 2008
FORMULA MASTER BREAKS VALENCIA LAP RECORD AGAIN
Formula Master set a new lap record for 2.0 litre race cars at the Circuit y la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo in Spain yesterday. Czech driver Josef Kral posted a best lap of 1:26.577 with team JD Motorsport.
The Italian team also ran Formula Master regular Vladimir Arabadzhiev, who was second fastest with a time of 1:27.357, whilst team Cram Competition tested with new driver Alessandro Kouzkin. The Russian was third fastest, completing the top three times set by Formula Master drivers.
Both Formula Master teams tested alongside Formula 3 Euroseries, British, German and Spanish Formula 3 outfits, with Carlin Motorsport setting the British F3 fastest lap of the day with driver Max Chilton (1:28.124).
SG Formula represented the quickest Euroseries team with driver Henki Waldschmidt completing his best lap in 1:29.101, whilst Leonardo Cordeiro and team Campos Racing posted the fastest Spanish F3 time in 1:31.837.
Chinese driver Adderly Fong set the fastest lap for German F3 with a time of 1:30.209 for team Performance Racing.
"I could have gone even faster but my lap was interrupted by a red flag," said Formula Master driver Josef Kral who scored a win with team JVA this season. "It's good to be on track with other single-seater series; it doesn't happen often so it was interesting to see how we compared to them.
"I had a really good test with JD Motorsport. We got some good runs despite traffic and I'm really looking forward to the first official Formula Master test next year."
"For me this has been a double debut. First time in Valencia and first time in a Formula Master race car," added Formula Master newcomer Alessandro Kouzkin. "I immediately had a great feeling with the car. Gearshift and clutch paddles are very intuitive and easy to use. I really like also the power and the grip of the car, much better than all I've driven up to now! In brief, this is a real racing car and I really want to be part of the Series next season!"
Collective testing - Valencia
1. Josek Kral (CZH), JD Motorsport, 1:26.577 (Formula Master)
2. Vladimir Arabadzhiev (BUL), JD Motorsport, 1:27.357 (Formula Master)
3. Alessandro Kouzkin (RUS), Cram Competition, 1:28.029 (Formula Master)
4. Max Chilton (GBR), Carlin Motorsport, 1:28.124 (B.F3)
5. Oliver Oakes (GBR), Carlin Motorsport, 1:28.896 (B.F3)
6. Henki Waldschmidt (NED), SG Formula, 1:29.101 (Euro F3)
7. Daisakie Nakajima (JPN), Raikkonen R.R, 1:29.188 (B.F3)
8. Brendon Hartley (NZL), Carlin Motorsport, 1:29.788 (B.F3)
9. Jon Lancaster (GBR), SG Formula, 1:30.041 (Euro F3)
10. Adderly Fong (CHN), Performance Racing, 1:30.209 (G.F3)
11. Federico Leo (ITA), RC Motorsport, 1:30.565 (Euro F3)
12. Stephan Richelmi (MON), RC Motorsport, 1:31.537 (Euro F3)
13. Leonardo Cordeiro (BRA) Campos Racing, 1:31.837 (S.F3)
14. Carmen Jorda (SPA), GTA Motor, 1:32.636 (S.F3)
15. Edgar Fernandez (SPA), Campos Racing, 1:33.000 (S.F3)
16. Pedro Quesada (SPA), Campos Racing, 1:33.326 (S.F3)
17. Hanawa (NED), Van Amersfoort, 1:34.439 (G.F3)
18. Borja Signes (SPA), Campos Racing, 1:36.365 (S.F3)
B.F3: British Formula 3
Euro F3: Euroseries
S.F3: Spanish Formula 3
G.F3: German Formula 3
TAGGED AS :
23rd November 2015
12th November 2015
1st October 2015
10th September 2015
4th September 2015
5th August 2015more client news...
Search all Racecar clients