Official testing got underway yesterday for N.Technology at the two-day FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) test in Valencia, Spain.
The team completed 54 laps throughout the day, working through the fundamental set-ups for the Honda Accord Euro R Super 2000 and paying particular attention to the car's general balance and grip.
"We have a lot of work to do as this is our first official test," said driver James Thompson. "But we're working hard, we're completing good runs and making sure we'll be competitive for the next WTCC rounds.
"That's our main agenda for this week and the whole team is focused on this. In any case, it feels great to be back behind the wheel again; I feel like a kid with a new toy!"
Only one month remains before the Honda Accord Euro R Super 2000, developed in collaboration with JAS Motorsport, makes its eagerly anticipated racing debut for the N.Technology team at the WTCC's rounds five and six in Valencia, Spain.
WTCC official testing - Top eight
1. Augusto Farfus (BRA), BMW 320si
2. Yvan Muller (FRA), SEAT León
3. Gabriele Tarquini (ITA), SEAT León
4. Jörg Müller (GER), BMW 320si
5. Jordi Gené (ESP), SEAT León
6. Felix Porteiro (ESP), BMW 320si
7. James Thompson (GBR), Honda Accord
8. Andy Priaulx (GBR), BMW 320si