N.Technology took to the track today for the official FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) test session at the Circuito Ricardo Tormo in Valencia, Spain, ahead of their first WTCC race of the year.
The WTCC's rounds five and six, this Sunday 18 May 2008, will mark the team's first race outing with the Honda Accord Euro R Super 2000, developed in collaboration with JAS Motorsport, and the team's driver James Thompson cannot wait to get behind the wheel.
"I have been looking forward to Valencia for a long time now," said Thompson who drives for N.Technology for the second year running. "Getting a feel for the car over the last few weeks has been great but it's obviously not the same as racing.
"Today was a good test for us. We changed something on the car halfway through the session and improved our time despite yellow flags being waved so it's promising. I can't wait for tomorrow now to see how we get on."
"This is the first time we have tested with the same agenda as the other WTCC teams," added Team Principal Andrea Muller. "It's a promising start for the weekend but the real comparison will be tomorrow in qualifying."
FIA WTCC - Valencia
Test session: top eight
1. Alain Menu (SUI), Chevrolet Lacetti, 1:44.440
2. Augusto Farfus (BRA), BMW 320si, 1:44.566
3. Robert Huff (GBR), Chevrolet Lacetti, 1:44.594
4. Andy Priaulx (GBR), BMW 320si, 1:44.705
5. Nicola Larini (ITA), Chevrolet Lacetti, 1:44.841
6. Gabriele Tarquini (ITA), SEAT León TDI, 1:44.988
7. Jörg Müller (GER), BMW 320si, 1:45.050
8. James Thompson (GBR), Honda Accord Euro R, 1:45.116
Eurosport's WTCC coverage begins Saturday 17 May with qualifying shown on Eurosport 2 at 16:00 (CET). Race One will be shown live on Sunday 18 May from 12:00 (CET) on Eurosport Asia Pacific with Race Two starting at 15:00 (CET), both on Eurosport International and Asia Pacific.