The Japanese ended at the top of the timing sheet again yesterday afternoon
The weather conditions changed this afternoon in Jerez and the rain appeared twenty minutes before the end of the session. With track conditions relatively different from this morning, laptimes were slower this afternoon and Kobayashi’s impressive morning laptime remains the fastest of the two-day test session.
Once again, it was the Dams driver who was the quickest this afternoon in a 1:25.071 ahead of Nico Hulkenberg who never left the Top 5 during those two days at the wheel of the ART car. Third this afternoon, Davide Valsecchi confirmed his good form on Durango.
Also confirming his competitiveness, Charles Pic, on the second ART car, finished the session in fourth place and a clear three tenths ahead of the more experienced Roldan Rodriguez on Piquet. Jérôme d’Ambrosio followed on Dams, ahead of newcomer Edoardo Mortara on Arden, Diego Nunes on Campos and Luca Filippi on Racing Engineering. Andreas Zuber completed the Top 10 at the wheel of the Super Nova car.
ART Grand Prix and Dams were the only teams to place both of their cars in the Top 10 this afternoon. This concluded the two-day test session.
The teams will gather again in two weeks time in Le Castellet, France on November 11th and 12th for the last test session of the year.
Afternoon session Driver Team Time Laps
1. Kamui Kobayashi Dams 1:25.071 30
2. Nico Hulkenberg ART Grand Prix 1:25.084 26
3. Davide Valsecchi Durango 1:25.283 27
4. Charles Pic ART Grand Prix 1:25.329 20
5. Roldan Rodriguez Piquet Sports 1:25.637 28
6. Jérôme d’Ambrosio Dams 1:25.640 32
7. Edoardo Mortara Trust Team Arden 1:25.885 35
8. Diego Nunes Barwa Int. Campos Team 1:25.895 31
9. Luca Filippi Racing Engineering 1:25.897 30
10. Andreas Zuber Super Nova Racing 1:26.016 39
11. Koudai Tsukakoshi Piquet Sports 1:26.076 26
12. Carlos Iaconelli Durango 1:26.107 31
13. Vitaly Petrov Racing Engineering 1:26.113 12
14. Michael Herck DPR 1:26.155 27
15. James Jakes Super Nova Racing 1:26.266 31
16. Alberto Valerio Trident Racing 1:26.358 36
17. Jamie Alguersuari iSport International 1:26.491 27
18. Sten Pentus DPR 1:26.842 31
19. Christian Ebbesvik Fisichella Motor Sport Int. 1:26.893 25
20 Carlo van Dam Fisichella Motor Sport Int. 1:27.035 25
21. Luiz Razia Trust Team Arden 1:27.736 27
22. Pastor Maldonado iSport International 1:28;039 17
23. Bertrand Baguette Trident Racing 1:28.434 10Click here for the Official Fisichella Motorsportweb site - designed and built by Racecar