The Barwa Campos racer was quickest this afternoon at Paul Ricard Another trouble-free day in Paul Ricard for the GP2 teams where track records have been broken every day and where the level of reliability and performance of the 2009 update kit has been very satisfactory.
Russian Vitaly Petrov set the fastest laptime this afternoon in a 1:09.658 at the wheel of his Barwa Campos car, but it was the experienced Lucas di Grassi at Racing Engineering who was the man of the day signing the overall quickest laptime this morning. The Brazilian was also quick this afternoon clocking the second quickest laptime ahead of Super Nova's Javier Villa. The young Spaniard proved to be consistent and quick during the last three days.
Also quick this afternoon was Andreas Zuber at FMS who signed the fourth laptime ahead of Piquet GP?s Alberto Valerio. After a frustrating first day on Wednesday following technical problems, Portuguese Alvaro Parente at Ocean Racing Technology ends the session on a high note with the sixth quickest laptime. Behind, Dams' Kamui Kobayashi had a fruitful day. Dani Clos on the second Racing Engineering machine and Italian Luca Filippi at Super Nova complete the Top 10.
This concludes the three-day test session at Paul Ricard.
The GP2 Paddock will gather in Barcelona in two weeks for the second and last test session of the 2009 season, on March 23-25.
Afternoon session Driver Nationality Team Time Laps
1. Vitaly Petrov RUS Barwa Campos Team 1:09.658 29
2. Lucas Di Grassi BRA Fat Burner Racing Engineering 1:09.759 48
3. Javier Villa ESP Super Nova Racing 1:09.897 38
4. Andreas Zuber UAE Fisichella Motor Sport Int. 1:09.903 35
5. Alberto Valerio BRA Piquet GP 1:09.920 33
6. Alvaro Parente POR Ocean Racing Technology 1:09.941 36
7. Kamui Kobayashi JPN Dams 1:09.968 42
8. Dani Clos ESP Fat Burner Racing Engineering 1:09.981 40
9. Luca Filippi ITA Super Nova Racing 1:10.054 41
10. Romain Grosjean FRA Barwa Campos Team 1:10.080 31
11. Edoardo Mortara ITA Telmex Arden International 1:10.195 43
12. Jerome D Ambrosio BEL Dams 1:10.221 42
13. Sergio Perez MEX Telmex Arden International 1:10.239 32
14. Davide Rigon ITA Trident Racing 1:10.257 52
15. Michael Herck ROM DPR 1:10.343 44
16. Giedo Van der Garde NED iSport International 1:10.419 37
17. Karun Chandhok IND Ocean Racing Technology 1:10.515 30
18. Hamad Al Fardan BRN Trident Racing 1:10.703 44
19. Giacomo Ricci ITA DPR 1:10.732 40
20 Luiz Razia BRA Fisichella Motor Sport Int. 1:10.772 34
21. Diego Nunes BRA iSport International 1:10.815 21
22. Pastor Maldonado VEN ART Grand Prix 1:11.425 55
23. Nico H'lkenberg GER ART Grand Prix 01:11.497 48