World premiere – the new BMW 3 Series sedan in the long wheelbase version.
Developed at BMW head office in Germany, it will be rolling off the production line in the new Shenyang production plant and celebrating its world premiere at Auto China 2012 in Beijing – the new BMW 3 Series sedan in the long wheelbase version. With its wheelbase extended by 11 cm, a conspicuously elegant design, and the best rear seat travel comfort among the competition, this new model fulfils precisely the expectations of Chinese automobile customers. They can choose from the BMW 335Li, the BMW 328Li, or the BMW 320Li, each fitted with a powerful and efficient engine featuring BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology. Also presented at Auto China will be the new BMW 3 Series sedan with the normal wheelbase and the full hybrid model BMW ActiveHybrid 3.
• Asian premiere – the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe. Fascinating aesthetics and thrilling driving pleasure are the hallmarks of the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe, which at Auto China 2012 will be announcing the advance of German premium automobile manufacturers on a new vehicle segment. The brand’s first four-door coupe combines the sporty, elegant styling of the BMW 6 Series with a luxurious interior ambience and a high level of seating comfort in the rear. The offer in China will include the BMW 640i Gran Coupe with its inline six-cylinder engine and theBMW 650i Gran Coupe whose new V8 drive can also be combined with the intelligent all-wheel-drive system BMW xDrive. The BMW Individual programme available for the launch will boost the exclusive appeal of the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe
• Asian premiere – the new BMW M6 Coupe. The new BMW M6 Coupe embodies high performance in its purest form. The high-revving V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo Technology and 412 kW / 560 bhp, the seven-speed M dual transmission Drivelogic, the Active M Differential, the M specific suspension technology, extensive body reinforcements, and the optionally available M Carbon ceramic brake represent an advance into a whole new dimension of driving dynamics. The sporty, elegant lines of the two-door model are supplemented with hallmark M design features. One highlight is the strikingly contoured roof of carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic.
• Asian premiere – the new BMW X3 xDrive28i. Yet another variant of the BMW X3 now features BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology for intensified driving pleasure and reduced fuel consumption. The new BMW X3 Drive28i is powered by a 180 kW / 245 bhpfour-cylinder engine that not only develops optimised pulling power, but also enhances greatly the efficiency of this Sports Activity Vehicle by interacting with the eight-speed automatic transmission, the automatic engine start-stop function, brake energy regeneration, and ECO PRO mode activated at the drive experience switch.
• Asian premiere – the new BMW X6. The BMW X6 is the world’s first and only Sports Activity Coupe and now presents specific design modifications and innovative equipment features serving to underscore its exclusive status. Among other things, the new BMW X6 has a particularly strikingly designed radiator grille, higher fog lights, and rear lights featuring LED technology. The new BMW X6 is the only vehicle in its segment to be optionally available with adaptive LED headlights.
• Asian premiere – new BMW ConnectedDrive services. The BMW ConnectedDrive range on the Chinese automobile market will be supplemented with new functions for optimising infotainment access, comfort, and safety. These optional apps allow, for instance, access to webradio stations and social networks in the vehicle. Moreover, BMW models can now be fitted with the BMW Head-Up Display and the Surround View system.
• Attraction: the BMW i3 Concept. With individually tailored vehicle concepts, sustainability throughout the entire supply chain, and supplementary mobility services, BMW i has created a whole new understanding of individual mobility. The central focus is on groundbreaking models which set new milestones along the road to CO2-free motoring by means of innovative drivetrain technology and consistent lightweight construction. At Auto China 2012, visitors will be presented with the BMW i3 Concept, whose powerful electric drive and innovative passenger cell of carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic provide the ideal conditions for zero-emissions driving in local urban traffic. This BMW i study provides a look ahead to the very first electrically powered premium vehicle, due to go on the market as early as 2013 as the BMW i3.