ear of Ogier’s Fiesta.
Ogier was third until first and second gears broke which, combined with two spins, relegated him to eighth before a late recovery. Craig Breen completed the top six in a Citroën C3.
Drivers face more than 15 hours at the wheel on Saturday when they journey south to mid-Wales. After a 05.30 start, they tackle five stages, the first four of which are repeated in the afternoon. It adds up to 150.24km of action with no opportunity for service during the day.
1. O Tänak / M Järveoja EST Toyota Yaris 1hr 06min 04.3sec
2. T Neuville / N Gilsoul BEL Hyundai i20 + 28.8sec
3. J-M Latvala / M Anttila FIN Toyota Yaris + 31.3sec
4. E Lappi / J Ferm FIN Toyota Yaris + 35.9sec
5. S Ogier / J Ingrassia FRA Ford Fiesta + 38.2sec
6. C Breen / S Martin IRL Citroën C3 + 48.8sec