- Great gifts available from the home of the British Grand Prix –
Father’s Day falls on 15 June this year and if you need inspiration of what to buy for your Dad, then Silverstone circuit, home of the British Grand Prix, is here to help. With gifts available to suit every budget, Silverstone has recommended its top five Father’s Day ideas. Ranging from as little as £5, through to £69, Silverstone is in pole position when it comes to the ultimate gift for any Dad with a passion for fast cars and motor sport.
1) From £5 - Silverstone gift vouchers Silverstone gift vouchers can be used to purchase driving experiences, official merchandise or race day tickets. Vouchers start from £5 which, if redeemed in the Silverstone shop, offers a choice of almost 40 items. Alternatively, vouchers can be put towards a driving experience or race day ticket, giving the recipient an opportunity to choose from activities such as the Ferrari 360 Driving Experience and tickets to the 2008 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (4 – 6 July).
2) £12 – A ticket to F1 testing at Silverstone A ticket for F1 testing offers great value for money at just £12 and, as a bonus, entry for children 15 and under is free. F1 testing (Tuesday 24 – Thursday 26 June) will be the last opportunity for F1 teams to make any final developments to ensure they are fully prepared for the British Grand Prix.
3) From £12 - Silverstone t-shirt Silverstone t-shirts are available from £12 and make great gifts for any motor sport-loving Dad, whether they choose to wear it to an event at Silverstone, or to watch a race on the TV at home. Men’s ‘Because it’s Silverstone’ t-shirts are available in sizes S-XXL and come in a choice of Black, Red or White.
4) £39 – A Hot Ride around Silverstone A hot ride, costing £39, will provide Dads with an opportunity to experience the high speed thrill of being driven around the famous circuit in a fully prepared Caterham Superlight. With a professional Silverstone race instructor behind the wheel, and a 0-60 time of just 5 seconds, participants soon appreciate what it takes to be a competitive racing driver, getting a feel for the high speed straights and corners that make Silverstone one of the fastest and most challenging circuits in the world.
5) £69 – A ticket to F1 qualifying at the British Grand Prix This year Silverstone circuit turns 60 and what better way to join in the celebrations than to attend one of the biggest sporting events of the year, the British Grand Prix. An adult ticket for qualifying on Saturday 5 July costs just £69 providing your Dad with the chance to watch all the top F1 drivers, including Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa, battle it out for top spot at the front of the grid. 80,000 fans attended qualifying in 2007 and few will forget the atmosphere and scenes that followed Lewis Hamilton’s stunning performance. With the exciting new knock-out system continuing in 2008, qualifying at this year’s British Grand Prix looks set to be more dramatic than ever. For further information on the range of gifts available from Silverstone, or to make a purchase for Father’s Day, visit silverstone.co.uk , or call 08704 588 260.