2008 BRITPART MSA BRITISH CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP
Round 6: Walters Arena - November 7th-8th
Shropshire driver Chris Hammond drew the curtain on another successful season for the 2008 Britpart MSA British Cross-Country Championship (BCCC) by taking a stunning victory in the final round at Walters Arena in South Wales on Saturday.
The sixth round of Britain's premier all-terrain series delivered frenetic competition over the varied 10-mile stage, with Dan Lofthouse coming home second to secure the runner-up slot in the championship. Holywell's Tim Dilworth eventually secured the final podium place.
Newly-crowned BCCC champion Richard Kershaw had led early on, but hopes of rounding off the championship season with another victory were ended when the rear suspension of his Peugeot 206 Evo9 broke on Saturday's ninth run.
Walters Arena - final results
1. Chris Hammond (Chelmarsh) Milner R45 2h11m 11s
2. Dan Lofthouse (Bamber Bridge) Lofthouse Proto LD4 2h13m 13s
3. Tim Dilworth (Holywell) Peugeot 206 STi 2h17m 24s
4. Ray Kempster (Chipping Norton) Pro Truck R4 2h 26m 03s
5. Steve Lloyd (Ambaston, Derby) Milner R4 2h27m 16s
6. Alan Kirkland (Chesterfield) Kirkland Proto 1 2h 28m 33s