Ricard Lucas di Grassi signed yesterday’s fastest latpime closely followed by his young teammate Dani Clos
Following their 2008 success, Fat Burner Racing Engineering start their 2009 campaign with the same kind of competitiveness, it seems. Second and sixth in the morning session - with Spaniard Dani Clos ahead of his teammate - the new line-up signed this afternoon the best two laptimes of the day. Lucas di Grassi was quickest in a 1:08.841, but he was closely followed by Clos in a 1:08.961.
Behind the flying pair, ART’s Pastor Maldonado and Super Nova’s Javier Villa also confirmed their good form and improved their morning’s best laptime. Vitaly Petrov at Barwa Campos Team completed the Top Five, ahead of Kamui Kobayashi at Dams, Nico Hülkenberg on the second ART car, Jérôme d’Ambrosio also at Dams and this morning’s fastest man Romain Grosjean at Barwa Campos. Twenty-two drivers finished within the same second.
Telmex Arden’s Edoardo Mortara and Ocean Racing’s Alvaro Parente who finished respectively 6th and 8th this afternoon saw their laptimes deleted after it was found that they were running underweighted.
Today will mark the last day of the first 2009 test session.
The cars will run on the 2D short track configuration.
Driver Nationality Team Time Laps
1. Lucas Di Grassi BRA Fat Burner Racing Engineering 1:08.841 39
2. Dani Clos ESP Fat Burner Racing Engineering 1:08.961 44
3. Pastor Maldonado VEN ART Grand Prix 1:08.985 33
4. Javier Villa ESP Super Nova Racing 1:09.076 38
5. Vitaly Petrov RUS Barwa Campos Team 1:09.100 30
6. Kamui Kobayashi JPN Dams 1:09.220 46
7. Nico Hulkenberg GER ART Grand Prix 1:09.326 30
8. Jerome D Ambrosio BEL Dams 1:09.383 30
9. Romain Grosjean FRA Barwa Campos Team 1:09.424 38
10. Davide Rigon ITA Trident Racing 1:09.429 41
11. Luca Filippi ITA Super Nova Racing 1:09.437 35
12. Roldan Rodriguez ESP Piquet GP 1:09.469 31
13. Alberto Valerio BRA Piquet GP 1:09.527 30
14. Karun Chandhok IND Ocean Racing Technology 1:09.564 25
15. Andreas Zuber UAE Fisichella Motor Sport Int. 1:09.564 13
16. Davide Valsecchi ITA Durango 1:09.598 17
17. Hamad Al Fardan BRN Trident Racing 1:09.604 45
18. Sergio Perez MEX Telmex Arden International 1:09.649 42
19. Diego Nunes BRA iSport International 1:09.815 37
20 Michael Herck ROM DPR 1:09.831 33
21. Giedo Van der Garde NED iSport International 1:10.170 37
22. Nelson Panciatici FRA Durango 1:10.231 28
23. Giacomo Ricci ITA DPR 1:10.604 24