to Compete for Career Enhancing Prizes
Preparation is well underway for the fast approaching ‘Henry Surtees Challenge’, to be held on Wednesday 8th October 2014, at Buckmore Park in Kent.
The Challenge, now in its fourth year, has become an essential fixture on the racing calendar for motorsport talent aged 15 or over. The Henry Surtees Foundation invites kart and car racers going up the motorsport ladder, to compete for a spectacular range of prizes that will accelerate their careers and aid them in their race programme preparation for 2015.
This special annual event, organised by former F1 World Champion, John Surtees OBE, who set up the Foundation in memory of his son, will award the top three drivers with a prestigious Henry ‘H’ trophy. Drivers will battle it out, using the superb Club100 Birel karts, for the chance to win the best prizes ever offered at a kart meeting! Prizes for fastest lap, the most unlucky driver and a heavyweight prize for 80kg or above will also be awarded.
2014 prizes confirmed to date include:
Test and Race Opportunities
· Test day in the Ginetta G40 GRDC to one driver aged 16 or over, donated by Ginetta
· FIA Formula 4 Ford test: half day seat fitting and acclimatisation test in the UK, followed by one full day, with Falcon Motorsport, at their Spanish test, with the new composite-chassis car that will be on display at the event, donated by Falcon Motorsport
· BRDC Formula 4 test, donated by Hillspeed
· Formula Renault 2.0 two day test with Manor Competition at a Spanish circuit, donated by Renault UK and Manor Competition
· Tour of Carlin racing facility, seat fitting, simulator testing session with race engineer, Formula 3 Dallara Volkswagen test, donated by Carlin Motorsport
Race Support Equipment and Services
· A full kit of Puma race clothing - one suit, three pairs of gloves, two pairs of racing boots, one pair of running shoes and one pair of lifestyle shoes for the winner (in addition to their chosen prize), donated by Puma SE
· Two sets of gloves and underwear, one pair of racing shoes, one pair of running shoes and one pair lifestyle shoes for second place (in addition to their chosen prize), donated by Puma SE
· One set of gloves and underwear, one pair of racing shoes, one pair of running shoes and one pair of lifestyle shoes for third place (in addition to their chosen prize), donated by Puma SE
· Tour of the Red Bull Racing facility, simulator session and evaluation by a race engineer, donated by Christian Horner
· An Arai GP-6S helmet in white finish, donated by Arai
· Full website package and online branding, plus a three month social media package, donated by 5G Creative
· A pair of custom-fit driver communication earpieces suitable for all racing formulas up to F1, supplied with a year’s support to ensure the wearer is fully equipped to hear vital communications for a full season of racing. A pair of custom-fit filtered noise plugs - to protect hearing. A complete hearing health check consisting of an ear examination using a video otoscope (see inside your own ears) and a comprehensive hearing test. Advice and information on protecting your hearing to assist with a motorsport career, donated by specialist in Formula 1 equipment, Hearing Electronics Limited
· A two hour training session at iZone Driver Performance, donated by Andy Priaulx
· A supply of Teng Tools to the value of £1,000, donated by Teng Tools
Coverage of the 2014 Henry Surtees Challenge in Motor Sport magazine will include a profile of the winning driver.
Some prizes will be on offer to MSA licence holders only, and will be allocated at the discretion of the event organisers
Entries are strictly limited, so enter now to avoid disappointment. Entry costs £500 and is open to drivers in their 15th year or above, typically competing in single-seater formulas, touring, sportscar classes, karting and motorcycling, who hold an MSA National B licence or above, or are a member of Club 100 Premier and Clubman Spirit members, or a Buckmore Park Elite driver.
Fuel will be supplied courtesy of Shell. The Arai UK service vehicle will be on-site; offering a free helmet cleaning and service to all drivers with Arai helmets.
John Surtees OBE comments: “The motorsport community has again provided us with these superb prizes, I’m only too well aware of the difficulties facing young drivers in putting their programmes together for the following season, at this time of year. The value and quality of the prizes that we have on offer are unique for a motor sport event. Look forward to seeing you on the 8th October.”
Drivers wishing to take part in the event should contact the Henry Surtees Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01732 865496.