Synchro Motorsport, the voluntary racing team based out of Honda's factory in Swindon, will be hoping for success at this year’s Dave Allan Trophy race, being held on Monday 30 May 2016, at Castle Combe Circuit.
Team Principal and driver, Alyn James says: “We are really looking forward to this year’s Dave Allan Trophy race and believe we have the best car to take victory. Our Honda Civic Type-R is made up of 85% original Type-R parts with the remaining 15% of the car built to racing specifications. To all intents and purposes this is the same Honda Civic Type-R anyone can buy from a Honda dealership.”
Matt Neal, former BTCC Champion, will be attending the day and taking part in the Dave Allan Trophy Race. He will be racing in Synchro Motorsport’s Honda Jazz alongside his son Will. Matt Neal’s other son, and Will’s twin brother, Henry is also entering the race, taking to the track in a Honda Integra.
Alyn continues: “Matt Neal is a great supporter of the Dave Allan Trophy and we are delighted to have him as part of this year’s race. To have a driver of his calibre participating demonstrates the popularity of the event and how it has grown over the years.”
Matt Neal says: “I am really pleased to be racing with both my sons in this year’s Dave Allan Trophy. In previous years there has been a fantastic atmosphere and I am sure this year will be no exception.
“The Dave Allan Trophy race is a brilliant opportunity for all levels of drivers to race against each other and test out Castle Combe Circuit.”
The Dave Allan Trophy is a declared handicap race, allowing all types of cars to enter. The race is held in memory of Dave Allan who was a key member of the Synchro Motorsport team.
Alyn says: “Dave was a colleague and personal friend of mine, as well as to many of the people coming here to support the Dave Allan Trophy. Racing was something Dave loved doing and was immensely talented at – we can’t think of a more fitting way to honour him.
“We are now into the fourth year of the Dave Allan Trophy race and every year the field has grown. Synchro Motorsport is proud to host it in partnership with Castle Combe Circuit and Honda.”